So currently I am in finals and sadly haven’t really had time to go grocery shopping but I did happen to have a bell pepper and a few eggs in my fridge that needed some lovin’, so I gave it to them- well I guess they gave me the lovin’ because I’m quite satisfied!
For breakfast this morning I made eggs in bell pepper rings, which is actually incredibly easy to make and very filling while also being healthy and cheap! Eggs are just under $2 for a dozen and the pepper cost me $.99!
- Wash your pepper and make sure that bad-boy is nice and clean before eating it
- Cut your peppers into ½ inch rings and cut away the inner whites and seeds
- Crack an egg into a bowl so that you can easily pour the egg into the pepper; I used two eggs so I used two different bowls
Cooking the peppers:
- Coat skillet with cooking spray
- Add peppers to cook and brown lightly
- Add one egg to the middle of each pepper ring
- Cook on low heat until yolks firm and egg whites harden
- Plate the peppers and add salt and pepper and Bon Appetit!
Recipe idea and help from WikiHow